Category: <span>Community</span>

Home / Community
Carrot Balls

There is such a thing as carrot balls and there are numerous recipes for making them. However, this recipe is about “love.” As is my usual thing to try and carry too many things at one time. (Do you do that?) I want to make one trip only. I get a bunch of things in...

“Letter From Folsom Prisoner”

My initial title, “Joy and Peace” didn’t sound interesting. As I began to write, thoughts flooded my mind, and materialized into the current title. I’m thinking… who wants to hear about joy and peace even though they are desirable. People want happiness and peace, but often times they don’t know where to go to get...

“Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged!” “What was?” What is Your Destiny?” Part 2

From last week’s article, little did I know this major, fabulous proclamation of destiny would surface! How wonderful! Let’s talk about “good news!” Aren’t you tired of hearing all the turbulent bad news?.. rockets flying, hurling insults, sexual harassment broadcasts, lying and on and on. The “king” from last week’s article was on a “suicide...

If Not Now, WHEN?’

Many destructive occurrences, what say you? What to do? What’s going on? NFL publicity; folks killing others indiscriminately; Las Vegas, earthquakes, hurricanes, terrorism, vineyard firestorms, wars! WHEEW! Simplify. I asked the question? Who names the hurricanes? From the National Ocean Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, we learn “Storms are given short, distinctive...

State of ‘Mine’

Look at the news and we hear President Trump and North Korean President Kim Jung-un “state of mind.” They’re hurling angry, frustrated insults at one another. It’s troubling. What is your “State of Mine?” That’s quite broad. It can encompass “all that is yours;” which could include “your mind,” your “possessions,” your family and more....

“The Lion Roars”

Have you been close to hear the frightening roar of a lion? Their reputation precedes them. An article [Ingo R. Titze: Vocology] examines “the secret of lion’s vocal cords which causes the lion’s roar,” says there are some similarities between a lion’s roar and a baby’s cry. Both have “very loose and gel-like” vocal folds...

Women, It’s Your Turn. You want what??

Did you think I had forgotten you? No, never. I gave men the ink, so now it’s your turn; not that you are last; no, you’re first! So, what do women want? Women want a lot of things too. Women want things from themselves, from men, from their children and from other women too. At...

Think Quick! Act Fast!!!

Children’s lives matter! Many agree [but, not all]. “Our children are our future.” Right. The future belongs to all of us. Let’s entrust our future to God. He has the best life insurance. So, Dr. Jeanette, what are you getting at? “On Wednesday June 7th, a shoot-out near Compton. Three Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies...

Who’s Responsible Anyway?

About now, I’ve got “fatherlessness” on the brain [‘so to speak!’] I started a MOVEMENT! Please join me in it. Be honest. Who’s responsible for many teenage pregnancies? Young people sometimes get pregnant because they’re trying to fill a void in their lives. Through discovery they find they don’t really want a child. There are...

Side Effects of the Side Effects

The media is a great useful communication “tool.” Filtering media content for our precious, vulnerable children is critical. Watch television and BAM! drug advertisements pop up! People in the ads appear care free and have the avenue to healing! “Well, what are they doing?” “I want some of that!” [BEWARE!] Click to another channel. Not...