Live and triumph in this world! Regardless of circumstances and appearance…watch your dream to your desired results. Keep “the attitude” of victorious outcome and triumphant living. One might say, “I feel defeated.”
NO! It’s a mirage; an optical illusion, figment of one’s imagination appearing to be real or possible, but is not.” [Macmillan Dictionary]. Bounce yourself back into reality. Sit down. Take rest. Regroup. Your dream is not lost. Refurbish yourself and prepare for the next round.
Tell yourself regenerative thoughts, encouraging thoughts that reinforce your mission. Recharge. Rest…rethink…recapture your thoughts…focus on your plan. Reevaluate your plan and mission so you don’t lose sight of what it is. Never, but never, give up. Seek support. You might ask the question, “What am I fighting against?” You might be fighting against your own self defeating thoughts. You are the first processor of your own thoughts and can be your own worst enemy.
Let’s look at some tactics of the enemy real or imagined.
1. An enemy may come with predisposed thoughts of defeat of another person bearing unresearched information with no basis in facts.
2. A presumptuous attitude, one coming to you with a made up mind to convince you with sometimes only a few sly words of why your mission or concept cannot come to pass and the person is prejudiced and biased against your belief equipped with a hard head and a mind that can see no further than the physical, and see no spiritual benefit.
3. Jealousy [that’s a big one]; someone approaching you, trying to convince you of something which in fact, they may be coming from an origin of jealousy and envy; jealousy has no objectivity.
4. The person who comes to you comes as a wolf in sheep’s clothing, most likely through words of defeat to kill your idea before you get it going, so that you cannot get your idea active. Some people are so clever they don’t have to say anything, but make gestures like a frowning face.
5. How about the person who has no evidence of success except the person is alive and breathing, but don’t have any credits or perhaps does not give credits even to God; and always criticizing others. 6. A person may come to you with so called insurmountable reasons of why your idea is not a good one and able to convince you that you cannot succeed. DON’T LISTEN… whispering voices and thoughts of defeat and discouragement. 7. How about this one…. who comes to you and wants to take up your time with idle talk, gossiping hours upon hours, talking nonsense about how someone looked at church or walking down the street. That’s their god. Don’t make it yours. Don’t waste time listening to wanton talk.
Jeanette Grattan Parker Ph. D-Founder-Superintendent Todays Fresh Start Charter School www.todaysfreshstart.org (323)293-9826 4514 Crenshaw Blvd. Los Angeles, California 90043: firstname.lastname@example.org Weekly Columnist for LA Sentinel News & LA South Chamber of Commerce email@example.com articles copyright January 04,2018 all rights reserved©” Inquiring Minds Want To Know” ©website askdrjeanetteparker.com “©The Father Famine” “Ask Dr. Jeanette”™